Updated: 1/15/22 - 12:00pm HST
Please know your health, safety, and comfort are always top priorities at Kapilina Beach Homes. This page hosts the most up-to-date information and resources we have about the disruption to our water service.
As always, we encourage you to pay attention to the government’s guidance and advisories as the only official source of information about this situation. Links are provided below for your ease.
We appreciate your feedback and guidance about how we can best support this community during this challenging time. To share your thoughts or questions, please contact us at 808-203-5000.
Hawaii Department of Health Updates
The Hawaii Department of Health (DOH) issued guidance about using water supplied by the Navy water system, including here at Kapilina. Click here for the latest information and advisories.
Navy Water System Flushing Plan
The Navy is performing a system-wide cleansing flush of its water infrastructure. Visit this link to view the water flushing zone map and the tentative schedule for the Iroquois Point area.
We are implementing the following additional measures to assist our residents and community as the Navy completes its work:
We are continuing to aid in the distribution of water, including cases of water bottles and potable water. For resupplies, please visit the Hale or contact us at 808-203-5000
To make water distribution more efficient, we are sourcing larger water bottles for all residences. If you have not had one delivered yet, it will be soon. When the time comes, please contact email@example.com to coordinate replacement water jugs from the Kapilina staff.
For those who wish, credit may be offered for offsite laundry delivery service utilizing getmylaundo.com
Ongoing access for those who desire to use the shower facilities at 24 Hour Fitness located at 91-5431 Kapolei Pkwy #1700, Kapolei, HI 96707.
Continuing to waive all water charges for the time being.
Civilian Applications for Navy support
Our priority is to support all our residents, irrespective of military or civilian status. We have been tirelessly advocating for the Navy to extend its support to cover Kapilina Beach Home’s civilian residents, and we are very pleased to announce that the Navy has confirmed this is occurring.
- This is the link to apply: https://fed.docusign.net/Member/PowerFormSigning.aspx?PowerFormId=1dbd7643-81e5-4205-a9ef-fe5a066eb05d&env=fed&acct=d8d3e1da-b5ac-4cac-ad79-66012d779f82&v=2
- The Navy has asked for your patience – you may not receive an immediate answer about your application. They have assured us they are working to add additional processing resources to reduce delays.
- If you encounter any difficulties with the application system or process, please contact the Navy at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you experience any unreasonable unresponsiveness, please bring this to our attention.
Department of Health Partnered with the CDC
As you may be aware, the federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is one of the many government agencies that is supporting our community during this challenging time. Hawaii’s Department of Health is partnering with the CDC to help them better understand how civilians are affected by the current situation, and they have asked for our help to reach those valued members of this community.
A team of public health officials from the CDC will be visiting our community over the next few days and weeks to speak to civilian residents who are willing to participate in a survey. We have been told by the CDC’s team that:
- The survey will take up to 30 minutes.
- Participation is entirely voluntary.
- It is only available to civilians as a separate survey is being conducted for military residents.
- They will follow our community’s COVID-19 protocols including wearing face coverings and maintaining social distancing.
- They are not medical professionals, so cannot offer treatment or medical advice.
- If you are not prepared to speak to someone in person, the survey can be conducted over the phone or online at:
- Phone: 404-567-3256
- Website: ATSDRACE@CDC.GOV
Frequently Asked Questions – Click here for guidance from DOH in response to frequently asked questions.
News Releases from DOH – Visit this link to read the latest news releases from DOH on the Navy’s water system.
Joint Base Pearl Harbor Water Updates – Review this site for the latest updates, information on available resources and contact information to report water concerns.
Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam Facebook page – Click here to view the page, which hosts daily Facebook live videos at noon with updates from the military.